Information about Admissions


Admissions Policy


Please refer to Northumberland County Council’s Education booklet for detailed information on admissions.

Our practice is to admit children to the Early Years Foundation Stage in  Class 1 the term  after their 4th Birthday.


Children who are 4 years old before December 31st can be admitted 5 sessions a week to school as Pre-Reception children from January.


Those children who are 4 years old before March 31st can be admitted 5 sessions a week from April.


Children whose birthdays fall before September 1st will be admitted full time into the Foundation Class  in September. If you have any questions please phone the school.


Pre-school Visits

We have meetings for parents of new starters.

Our Early Years teachers, Miss Bowden and Mrs Bray, will be only too happy to answer any questions you may have.


Transfer from other schools

As long as there are places available, we welcome new children into school over the course of the year.

Parents resident outside the school’s catchment area who wish their children to attend the school may submit an application by completing a School Request Form (copies available form the school or County Education office) and returning it to the Director of Education at County Hall, Morpeth. NE61 2EF.

 Parents will be  informed by County if a place is available for their children.


If you click the link below this will take you to the Admissions page at Northumberland County Council