Sports Premium 2017 - 2018
P.E. and Sports Funding
Our Aim: Shilbottle Primary show fun, respect & friendship through physical activity
The Primary P.E. and Sport Premium is awarded to every school with primary aged pupils and must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of P.E. and sport, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Schools should publish the amount of premium received; a full breakdown of how it has been spent (or will be spent); what impact the school has seen on pupils’ P.E. and sport participation and attainment and how the improvements will be sustainable in the future. Schools should also consider how their use of the premium is giving pupils the opportunity to develop a healthy, active lifestyle.
There are 5 key areas for the premium to be spent on:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
- To create a school and community that protects, respects and celebrates individuality and difference between people of different backgrounds, genders, faiths, abilities, ethnic minorities and those with disabilities.
- To ensure that all pupils are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school and all members of our school community promote fairness and equality for all.