Our ethos and aims are encapsulated by our school motto:
‘ Fun, Respect & Friendship – Every Child Matters to Us ’
At Shilbottle Primary we aim to put the interests of our children at the heart of everything we do. We believe that learning should be fun and that every child should have the opportunity to excel. We are proud of our achievements and it is a privilege to work, support and nurture such enthusiastic, caring and willing young learners.
As a whole school community, we work in partnership with parents and other family members to make every day a valuable and memorable learning experience for all pupils. Through this, we aim to encourage every child to become confident, caring individuals with a love of learning, resilience and lifelong skills to so that they can fulfil their potential in future years.
September 2016 sees our journey from Shilbottle First School to Shilbottle Primary begin and our first intake of Year 5 pupils have joined us in an amazing new extension.
As written words cannot fully convey the real atmosphere of our school, please contact the office [01665 575285 or email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Fun, Respect & Friendship - Every child matters to us
- We aim to enthuse and challenge our children.
- We have high expectations for every child.
- We ensure that the skills of Literacy and Numeracy are rigorously taught.
- We embrace equal opportunities and ensure all children are included.
- We take account of individual ability and differentiate learning so that each child progresses in every lesson and achieves their full potential.
- We reward effort as well as achievement.
- We develop children’s awareness of moral, spiritual, social and cultural values, physical well-being and sensitivity towards the needs of others.